Signing up to volunteer as a steward directly with Boomtown is a fantastic way to become a vital part of our community. If you are interested in working in events, meeting new people or you just want to enjoy the festival for free by completing 3 x 8 hour shifts, volunteering is a brilliant way to do it. Get a taster of what it's like by watching our volunteers in action below...
Here's what some previous volunteers have said...
“Boomtown, my absolute favourite place on earth. The music, the atmosphere, the outrageously fantastic outfits. You’ll get to work with hundreds of like minded volunteers all who are all there for one reason…. TO HELP PEOPLE to ENJOY THE MUSIC. I love you Boomtown!”
Kelly McFee, Winsford
“Volunteering with Boomtown is one of the best ways to enjoy the festival. For starters, you make a load of friends in the secure volunteer campsite when you get to arrive a day before the ticket holders and explore.
The shifts are actually pretty fun, you’re always placed in a pair (you can even request to be with a friend in your application!) and more often than not you’ll be by a stage or busy junction with lots to see. I was even placed at the front of Sector 6 stage, dancing behind the barrier whilst giving out water one year! Your crew wristband gives you access to the crew bar (the best bar, that stays open latest and with cheaper drinks) and also backstage toilets even when you’re not on shift. You still get plenty of time to explore the festival and see bands.
Fancy dress is encouraged (even on shift!), you get food vouchers for meals for each shift you work, and you even get access to plugs for phone charging, tea & coffee and hot showers! Almost like posh glamping! All this, and you essentially get to experience Boomtown for free, as you get your deposit back at the end. Living the festival dream.”
Jessi Dimmock, London
“Being fairly new to volunteering at festivals, I was a little apprehensive as what to expect. The support system you have when on shift puts all of that to rest. The supervisors and managers are all extremely helpful. The shifts fly by and are always good fun. You meet some great people and make good friends when on shift. Volunteering at Boomtown is a must!!
Daniel Todd, Huddersfield
What do we expect from you?
Simple, you commit to completing 3 x 8 hour shifts across the festival and pay a £264 refundable security deposit when you apply.
Then once you've successfully complete your shifts (inline with our T & C’s) and you’ve returned your tabard your deposit will be refunded to you minus a £15.50 application admin fee!
What do we offer in return?
- Free entry to Boomtown Chapter 11!
- Split payment option on your security deposit.
- Hot meal voucher for every shift.
- A dedicated, secure volunteer campsite, situated a short walk from the crew/volunteer car park and coach drop-off.
- Free hot showers!
- Toilets close to our campsite
- 24-hour access to our dedicated volunteer marquee in our campsite, where you can chill out while charging your phone and helping yourself to a free tea or coffee. Just don't forget to bring your own cup!
- Support from our team of volunteer coordinators, available 24 hours a day from your arrival on site until the last volunteer shift is completed on Monday after the festival.
- The chance to bring in as much alcohol in as you can carry the first time you walk through the gate unlike public ticket holders. Remember - as per our licence terms, glass or unsealed bottles are not allowed on site, but you can stock up on cans of lager / cider, premixed cans of spirits, (unopened) plastic bottles of cider / lager and boxes of wine.
- A free Boomtown program and volunteer handbook.
- The chance to make great friends in one of the most incredible festival environments on the planet.
- Access to the crew bar with the cheapest pints on site!
- AND if you complete your 3 x 8 hour shifts inline with our T & C’s and return your tabard on time, you’ll also get a Boomtown Volunteer 2019 t-shirt as a thank you from us :)
Sound good? We think so! So what are you waiting for?
Applications to join our Recycling team have not gone live yet, but if you would like us to let you know when they do. Please sign up to our volunteer newsletter below.
At this stage Boomtown are not looking to directly recruit bar volunteers for Chapter 11. Their may be opportunities to sign up to volunteer directly with the companies who run our bars for us early in the new year. If you would like us to let you know about these, Please sign up to our volunteer newsletter below.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us that aren't already covered in our FAQ’s below. Feel free to get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you all in 2019…
Love and hugs,
Boomtown Volunteer Team