If you are super organised and have booked your own private coach or minibus for you and your mates to come to the festival you need to to book a space to be dropped off at our coach park...
Dear Boomtown family…
It's fair to say that over the last couple of weeks a lot has been happening at Boomtown HQ. The powers that be finally gave us the green light to open on Wednesday and let a limited amount of citizens in early.
We offered all coach, shuttle ticket holders, private coach and car shares the chance to buy a Wednesday entry add-on ticket to enhance the festival experience for everyone, help Boomtown lessen our impact on the environment, reduce the amount of people arriving on Thursday and to say a massive thank you for travelling green!
Over the last week we’ve taken all your comments on board and in response to your feedback we would like to offer all coach, shuttle ticket holders and private coach hire travellers Wednesday entry - for free!!
That means that if you’re planning to travel to the city by coach, shuttle or private hire coach, you can now arrive on Wednesday, set up and explore the new campsites, and jump headfirst into your Boomtown experience with various secret parties, including the Mungo’s Hi-fi Sound System valley party, Electrikal Sound System street party, and the magical sandy vibes of the Hidden Woods...
The option to arive on Wednesday is still open for a limited number of car sharers but the charge of £40 per person remains.
This is insanely exciting as it's a huge leap forward for the festival's future and will dramatically enhance the experience for all.
So what’s the deal with the Fair opening on Wednesday?!
What’s so wicked about Wednesday?
- Mungo’s Hi-fi Sound System valley party!
- Electrikal Sound System street party!
- The Hidden Woods kicking off with the reggae vibes
- Your wild adventures start one day early; take your time setting up camp
- Explore pop up parties, street theatre and busking bands all over the shop
- A variety of bars and food options open
- Be the first to explore the rest of the city and all the new districts when everything opens at midday on Thursday! (the city layout has changed a lot!)
Who can come for free?
The option for the free Wednesday add-on ticket is now available to those arriving via:
- National Express coach (doesn’t have to be the ‘Coach Traveller ticket’ - any type of ticket holder is able to purchase a coach ticket from over 50 locations!)
- Shuttle bus from Winchester train station
- Private hire coach - you'll need to book your coach slot here and then email email@example.com so we can process your request directly with you
- Boomtown Springs package holders
Who needs to pay for their ticket?
Our Wednesday opening initiative has been created to help Boomtown reduce the impact we have on the environment as well as to improve entry experiences for everyone... which is why we have offered it for free to those travelling via the most environmental methods.
Following feedback we are also offering a limited amount of Wednesday entry tickets for those arriving by car. However, there is a charge of £40 per person for the Wednesday add-on and these cars must be car sharing with 3+ people.
Which areas will be open?
We’ve been granted permission to open only a small part of the city on Wednesday so have decided to focus on the West side which includes Metropolis, Diss-order Alley, DSTRKT 5 and Barrio Loco campsites; as well as Boomtown Springs, Camplight and Tangerine Fields West.
Due to only opening one side of the festival site in this trial year, we are unable to run the Meadow and Family Camping facilities, as well as Camp Skylark, Tangerine Fields East and the Campervan field. We understand this will be frustrating for some but as a trial year this was the only way it was feasible operationally.
What happens if you have already purchased a ticket?
If you are a coach or shuttle traveller and have already purchased your ticket for Wednesday, please don’t worry. TheTicketSellers are already processing your full refund and this will be with you within 5 - 7 working days. This is happening automatically, you don’t need to do anything and your now free Wednesday entry ticket will be issued to you as normal. If you have any problems, or haven’t received your refund within 7 days, then please contact TheTicketSellers direct at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Wednesday tickets are now on sale but they are extremely limited, once they are gone they are gone!
What will be happening on Wednesday?
- Wednesday entry is available for free for all those travelling by coach, private hire coach, via the shuttle bus from the train station and as part of the Boomtown Springs package.
- For those car sharing (3+) there is a charge of £40 per person, plus the car parking pass
- Camping will be open in the new West campsites (includes Metropolis, Barrio Loco, DSTRKT 5 & Diss-order Alley campsites)
- Explore pop-up parties, street theatre and busking bands in the campsites:
- Mungo’s Hi-fi Sound System valley party
- Electrikal Sound System street party
- The Hidden Woods opening party
- Bars and food options available
- Boomtown Springs ticket holders will be treated to a whole evening of entertainment and pampering with mansion and pool parties (line up TBA), immersive theatre and lawn games
- Entertainment ends at 10pm to ensure we all get a good night sleep ;)
- The full festival site opens from midday on Thursday 9th August.
Who can buy tickets?
Anyone who is travelling by coach, private hire, shuttle or car sharing with 3+ people - scroll down for more information on exactly which tickets and passes you need.
Wednesday is included in the package for all Boomtown Springs ticket holders and upgraders!
But I’m staying on the side of site that isn’t open, what about me? (Camp Skylark, campervans, family camping, reserved camping)
We understand your frustration! Unfortunately as this is such a limited trial year we are unable to facilitate opening the East side of site before Thursday.
We only found out about the planning in mid May, so have been unable to implement any of our plans until recently. The main reason for Wednesday opening is to help minimise traffic, entry times and ensure the arrival process is as smooth as possible. By limiting this to the greener methods of travel only we reduce the number of cars on the road and make sure entry from site is as quick as possible for all main arrival days, both Wednesday & Thursday.
- Tangerine East, Reserved Camping, Camp Skylark, campervans and family camping will not be open until Thursday.
- Pre-pitched Tangerine Fields West and Camplight West both will be open from Wednesday.
However, if you decide to come on Wednesday you are welcome to set up camp in the main public campsites that are open in West and then move to your pre-pitched or reserved camping on Thursday.
What do I need to enter on Wednesday if I’m arriving by coach?
- You must have a free Wednesday Add-On ticket + festival entry ticket + coach ticket.
- You’ll be prompted to choose your arrival time from the drop down menu on the second page of the booking pages.
- If you have bought a ticket through National Express directly already (rather than through TheTicketSellers) please call TTS on 0121 472 6688 and have your ticket reference handy.
- If you opt to travel via coach rather than drive we are happy to refund your car pass. Simply email The Ticket Sellers on email@example.com.
What do I need for Wednesday entry if I’m arriving by train and then catching the shuttle?
- You must have a Wednesday Arrival & Shuttle ticket + festival entry ticket
- If you already have a “shuttle traveller festival ticket” then all you need is the additional free Wednesday Add-On entry ticket.
- Shuttles will run from Winchester train station to the site.
- If you opt to travel via shuttle rather than drive we are happy to refund your car pass. Simply email The Ticket Sellers on firstname.lastname@example.org.
What do I need for Wednesday entry if I’m arriving by a private hire coach?
- If you are coming with a big group of mates and want to all travel down together you can also arrive in a privately hired coach or minibus. There are limited spaces in the coach park and you need to book your slot in advance.
- You must book a private hire coach pass for each vehicle and everyone on the coach must have a free Wednesday Add-On ticket + festival entry ticket.
- Please book here and select the time you want to be picked up from site on Sunday or Monday. We will ask you for your estimated arrival time but realise this might change if you are stuck in traffic. For your return time you must stick to the slot that you book.
- The slot costs £50 plus booking fee and this covers arrival and departure slots.
- Each slot lasts for a maximum of 25 minutes, so there is no option for drivers to take breaks at the coach park.
- This is for vehicles with 12 seats or more where the driver is not staying for the festival.
- Once you have booked your slot, please email email@example.com and let us know how many people are arriving by private hire, and Boomtown will email you back with all the details you need to get your free Wednesday Add-On ticket.
What do I need to enter on Wednesday if I’m arriving by car?
- Only car sharers can come on Wednesday - there must be 3+ people in the vehicle or you will be turned away at the gate!
- Each person in the vehicle must have a Wednesday Add-On ticket + festival entry ticket. This Add-On ticket costs £40 per person.
- The vehicle must have a ‘Wednesday Car Parking’ ticket.
- If you have already purchased a car parking pass you can email TTS on firstname.lastname@example.org and they’ll swap it over for you.
- If your car isn’t quite full enough or if you’re looking for a lift check out our GoCarShare page.
What do I need for Wednesday entry if I’m a Boomtown Springs resident?
- Wednesday entry is included in your ticket!
- Log into your TheTicketSellers account and add the free Wednesday opening to your basket.
- If you’re driving, the car share rule does not apply, but you will need to purchase a Boomtown Springs car park pass from Wednesday.
- If you’re arriving by public transport standard rules apply - you can purchase shuttle tickets on the day for £10, coaches are available on the main ticket page. Bear in mind you will have to walk around to the Springs entrance to gain entry to the festival.
What time will we be able to get in on Wednesday?
Gates to the festival will open at 12 midday on Wednesday 8th May. Some coaches will arrive before this and the wristband exchanges will open from midday.
The Boomtown Springs car park will open from midday.
The Car Share car park will open from midday.
Where will be open?
The West side of site around the Hidden Woods and public transport gate will be open for setting up camp and entertainment.
The rest of site will open midday on Thursday as usual - you are welcome to move campsites then should you wish!