There have been a few news articles circulating recently that mention we have been granted a new licence, part of which includes permission for us to open on Wednesday.
Whilst this is true, it is only a part of the overall process that we need to go through in order to actually make that mission a reality. As with everything in terms of putting on a large scale event, there are still some big hurdles for us to get through before we can even make a start on getting all the wheels in motion to make this happen. These include planning permission and then implementing the logistical elements that need to be considered.
However, if it does get the final go ahead, please note we will only be releasing a limited number of Wednesday tickets and it will very much be a set up, camping only day in order to stagger entry to the festival to help ease the queues and traffic congestion. If it happens there will be opportunities for existing coach ticket holders to change their coach times.
Additionally as part of these new license conditions there will be a slight increase in crew capacity, but NOT public.
We also have been granted slightly higher noise limits between 21:00-23:00 on Friday and Saturday (i.e. the headliner slot). However, it is absolutely key to understand none of these will happen without the planning permission.
Please bear with us, we will notify everyone and explain what the process will be as soon as possible. But this won’t be until we’ve (hopefully) got all the permissions in place and have finalised our own plans and we’re just not quite there yet…