Signing up to be an Eco-Warrior at Boomtown is the best way to be a part of our Green Mission and to join a community of passionate change makers. We are an environmental collective of creative beings, set on making the world a more sustainable place. If you are interested in engaging with your fellow Boomtowners about reducing waste, enjoy meeting other epic people, and want to be part of the team then join the Eco-Warriors.
Here's what some previous volunteers have said...
‘’Awww what a beautiful, beautiful festival fam to be blessed with. I really will hold this weekend so precious and loved meeting such amazing people on this team. I really hope we see the impact next year, and get to carry on this awesome and hilariously epic work’’
‘’Having worked at festivals before, I was surprised with how ridiculously fun these shifts are compared to other steward or bar roles. Talking directly to festival goers about brilliant environmental initiatives, whilst being dressed like looneys was a whole extra element to Boomtown for me!’’
‘’Being part of a group of lovely, like-minded earth warriors, who love to sing and dance, all clad in matching green fancy dress, as part of my festival contribution - made this the best year EVER!!’’
So, what's the deal?
Easy and Eco-friendly! You commit to completing a 4-hour shift per day Thursday – Monday (in total 20 hours) and pay a £264 refundable security deposit when you apply, which is refunded once you’ve completed your shifts.
You work on the gates and in the campsites. You help campers keep their areas tidy, organise their waste for recycling and landfill, encourage people to use the Eco-Bond service, and most importantly inspire and help everyone to take their tent and equipment home with them.
Then once you've successfully completed your shifts (in line with our T & C’s), your deposit will be refunded to you! (minus a £15.50 application admin fee)
What do you get in return?
- Free entry to Boomtown Chapter 11!
- Split payment option on your security deposit.
- A dedicated, secure crew campsite, situated a short walk from the crew car park and coach drop-off. (you can camp where ever you like if you don’t wish to camp in crew campsite).
- Free hot showers!
- Toilets close to our campsite.
- The chance to make great, like-minded friends in one of the most incredible festival environments on the planet.
- Access to the crew bar with the cheapest pints on site!
- An insight into Sustainable Event Management.
- Training workshop to learn about waste initiatives at the festival.
Fancy salvaging after the show?
If you would like to salvage post-show, please register your details using the form and we will get back to you