The Skylark is the iconic bird of the South Downs National Park and is the inspiration behind this pre-pitched, alternative accommodation campsite option. Back to basics, it celebrates the connection between camping and this area of outstanding natural beauty that we inhabit for five days of the year.
The purpose of Camp Skylark is to maintain this ethos of keeping things simple but with a little bit of extra preparation from the Camp Skylark team to minimise some of the hassle that may come with bringing your own equipment. It provides a varied choice of camping options from bell tents, yurts and tipis to luxurious Airstreams and Indian Shikars’, complete with flushing toilets, posh shower facilities, a cafe, bar and chillout area so you can soak up the beauty around you.
Camp Skylark welcomes anyone who is looking to make their experience slightly more comfortable or special.
Why be part of Camp Skylark?
- Your accommodation is set up and waiting for you upon arrival
- No need to bring lots of bulky stuff with you
- Flushing toilets and posh showers included
- Dedicated cafe, bar and communal chill out area with stargazing fire pit
- Clean, calm and spacious environment
- No need to pack down your accommodation and take it with you, simply clear away your belongings, take your rubbish to the recycling points and then head off on your merry way!
- Dedicated car park (at an additional cost).
East of Lion’s Den.
Camp Skylark offers pre-pitched accommodation in a secure and fenced off area with 24⁄7 security looking after the entrance and the perimeter fence. When you arrive you will need to hand over your Accommodation and Resident Camping Wristband ticket at our Camp Skylark box office where you will be wristbanded.
Once you have been wristbanded you will be directed to check into your accommodation. Check-in on Wednesday is from 2 pm onwards. Then between 10 am - 11 pm (Thursday - Sunday).
As of this year you can also choose to bring your own tent and camp in the Skylark ‘bring your own’ tent area - with a fixed number of unreserved pitches available, there is space for everyone to come and enjoy the Skylark facilities. Each person camping within the Skylark BYO tent area will need to purchase a Skylark BYO wristband from our ticket page.
- Proper sit-down, flushing toilets and hot showers are included
- Scrumptious café
- Cocktail bar
- Communal chill-out area and beautiful fire pit
- Yoga classes
- Beauty salon (at an additional cost)
- Pamper parlour
- Car park (at an additional cost)