Kidztown is the dedicated children’s area at Boomtown. A kids haven which focuses on listening to what children want, giving them a voice to express themselves and enabling them to experience all of the fun the festival offers! It’s coordinated by qualified child and youth experts and the amazing crew include play-workers, early years specialists, artists and performers from all over the world who help facilitate fun for all the family.
With a dedicated Kidztown street lined with Street Venues that include the return of the Kidztown Radio Station which happily hands control of its airwaves over to the Boomtown’s younger residents. The doors of the Piggy Bank and Post Office will be opened offering children the chance to earn some Kidztown cash to spend in the streets. They will be able to catch a film at the the Cinema, take part in participatory puppetry events and visit the sparkliest Tattoo Parlour in town.
It’s a district that is packed full of hundreds of skills and craft workshops, circus and science tents and theatrical shows which line the streets. You will find storytelling, puppetry, music, comedy, and a sandpit right through to swing boats and giant inflatables. There are also baby and toddler tents for our youngest residents and their parents including yoga and massage.
It’s also home to its very own Wild Wood Forest School full of hands on workshops that are led by experts teaching essential forest skills and educating everyone on the great outdoors, complete with giant hammocks, cargo nets, forest & fire skills, tool making and outdoor cooking.
For more details on all the areas and facilities within Kidztown head to the Kidztown district pages.
Family fun in the rest of the city!
Aside from the 500 musical acts performing across our 27 main stages, here are some ideas for unmissable things to do with the family in the rest of the city...
- Celebrate at the festival opening ceremony at the Lion’s Den.
- Get involved in the story - meet characters and take part in a secret mission!
- Choose your own character & be a part of the story yourself! Free your imagination, we’re not shy of a bit of fancy dress here…
- Get creative and express yourself! Kidztown and neighbouring Whistlers green hosts a whole heap of workshops where you can learn some new skills and try out some new experiences., Check out some of last year’s offerings here.
- Enjoy views across the whole festival from the willow structure at Whistler Green.
- Explore the treetop walkways in the Hidden Woods and soak up some sunshine reggae sounds.
- Check out the magical Tribe of Frogs light displays after sunset.
- Rest tired little legs at the top of the hill in the cosy People’s Front Room in Oldtown.
- Flop about on the beds on Hippie Highway and absorb the cityscape of Downtown below
- Lose yourself in the storyline and explore all the hidden venues the festival has to offer
- Marvel at the amazing closing shows and fireworks at the main stages on Sunday night.
- Join the parade on Sunday as our colourful global carnival processes through the whole city!