More information coming soon regarding our family offering at Boom Village.
Family FAQs & Practical Information
As we all know, it's nearly impossible for a family to travel light, and there are lots of logistical questions to consider when you plan your trip, around arrival, setting up camp and departure so that it all runs as smoothly as possible! This FAQ section for Boom Village will be updated over the coming weeks and will include all information on what’s on, family facilities and getting around the site.
Top tips for families
We pulled together a selection of our most helpful tips for families coming to Boom Village
- You are welcome to bring pushchairs and buggies but please be aware we have a hilly site so an all-terrain one is important.
- Ear defenders! When taking your children to any music stages these are advised.
- Know what to do if you get separated. Show your kids what stewards look like in their hi-vis and tell them to present themselves to the nearest one if they get lost.
- Bring ear plugs and anything else comfortable that might help you get a good night’s sleep. Although family camping is designed to be a bit further away from the main hustle and bustle, music does go on in some parts of the site until 4am and festivals are inherently noisy environments so come prepared.
- Wearing battery powered fairy lights is a great idea to help not to lose little ones at night time (and it looks great!)
- Be prepared for all weather eventualities! We’ve had blazing sunshine to torrential rain all the same weekend before so make sure to pack those little wellies and waterproofs as well as sun cream and floppy hats.
- If you are bringing teenagers who will explore the festival on their own please familiarise them with the layout and what to do if they find themselves lost or in need of help. Remember, you are legally responsible for anyone who enters the festival with you aged under 18.