BOOMTOWN… WHAT AN AMAZING YEAR!
The UK’s largest, and Hampshire’s own, truly independent music and theatrical festival has raised a record breaking £152,625 for charity this year with £31,751 going directly to projects in the local area including local charity partner Winnall Rock School.
Hot on the heels of the success of this year’s tenth anniversary, the appetite for the coveted tickets for the 66,000 capacity, 5-day immersive event taking place in Winchester has reached another level.
Over 20,000 tickets were sold in under 2 hours for Boomtown 2019. The record breaking results are testimony to the festival’s reputation for its unparalleled and extensive headline bill, that this year saw the likes of international superstars Gorillaz, Die Antwoord and Limp Bizkit perform, as well as its extraordinary production levels that are reflected across all its 27 main stages and 14 uniquely themed districts.
Hampshire residents made up approximately 12 per cent of attendees this year and we were delighted so many of you joined us to experience the music, the theatre, and the spectacle of Chapter 10.
BOOMTOWN 2019 LOCAL TICKET APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Once again, 1000 complimentary day tickets are available for those living locally that wish to visit the festival. The catchment area for those eligible to apply for these tickets is SO21, SO22, SO23 and SO24. The order of priority given to applications is:
- How close you live to the festival site
- Date you submitted your application
Fill in the online application form here: http://applications.eventree.co.uk/apply/index/id/1173
- Please note you will be asked to upload some recent ID to prove the place of residence for EACH ADULT wishing to attend (e.g. utility bill).
- There is a limit of 2 adult tickets per household, plus under 18s.
- We will contact successful applicants in Spring 2019 with a unique link that enables residents to complete the process by registering their tickets online.
- Please note that local tickets are not transferrable and can only be used by people living at the address specified (tickets cannot be bought on behalf of friends or family who do not live locally).
- ID on arrival at the festival must be available and this must match the name of the ticket holder.
- Applications deadline is Friday 25 January 2019.
- Please note that these tickets are limited so apply early to avoid disappointment. Tickets are not for resale and you will be asked to provide proof of address when presenting your tickets on arrival.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT FUND RETURNS FOR THIRD YEAR RUNNING!
For the third year running the guest-list donations collected at the entrance gates were supplemented by Boomtown to raise £10,000 for the five parishes that border the festival site. The parish councils will be inviting parishioners to suggest where the money would be best spent to benefit their wider community.
Local projects that benefitted from the 2017 Community Support Fund included among many, the provision of community defibrillators at the Itchen Abbas and Avington and Easton Village Halls, secure storage for the Martyr Worthy & Easton Cricket Club and King George V Trust, three sleeper benches for the Watercress Way and the creation of a wildflower site. Plus there was also funding toward a children’s play area for the children of Tichborne and Cheriton and the upkeep of St Andrews’s Church in Chilcomb.
Locals in the surrounding area are updated on locally relevant Boomtown Fair news through regular newsletters circulated throughout the year. The Boomtown Autumn/Winter Newsletter 2018 can be found via this LINK.
COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER
We have a dedicated member of the team based in Winchester who focuses on collaboration and communication with the local community. You can contact the Community Liaison Officer throughout the year via email at the following address: email@example.com. Please let us know if you would like to be added to our local community mailing list to be the first to hear about local ticket offers, our local newsletters etc.