BOOMTOWN VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Volunteering at Boomtown is a great way to become a vital part of the our community. If you are interested in working in events, meeting some new people or want to enjoy the festival but get your money back at the end, volunteering is a brilliant way to do all of these. See video above to get more of an idea on just how much fun can be had!
Each year this immersive world of ours continues to grow and evolve, and for 2017 we are looking for even more volunteers to make it all possible.
What’s the deal?
- One meal voucher per shift.
- Camping space within a dedicated volunteer campsite, situated a short walk from the car park and coach drop-off, with toilets and heated showers.
- 24-hour access to our volunteer welfare facility in the camping area, providing a place to chill out, grab a free cup of tea/ coffee, hang out and meet other volunteers, as well as free phone charging!
- Support from our team of volunteer managers, available 24 hours a day from your arrival on site until the last volunteer shift is completed on the Tuesday after the festival.
- For volunteers only, the alcohol limits are relaxed for your first entry and you can bring in as much as you can carry! However, as per our licence terms, glass or unsealed bottles are not allowed on site, but you can stock up on cans of lager / cider, premixed cans of spirits, (unopened) plastic bottles of cider / lager and boxes of wine.
- A volunteer goodie pack which includes a free festival programme.
- The chance to make great friends in one of the most incredible festival environments on the planet.
- Access to the crew bar with the cheapest pints on site!
What we ask from you:
- To be 18 or over on 9th August 2017.
- To be available from Wednesday 9th - Monday 14th August (GreenTeam Litter Pickers may be required until Tuesday 15th August)
- A deposit of £230 to secure your volunteer position. This will be refunded within a month of the festival as long as you complete all your shifts. (Please note there is a non-refundable admin charge of 6%)
- To complete 3 x 8 hour volunteering shifts. (All roles are allocated on a first come first served basis.)
- To abide by our volunteer code of conduct, and agree to our festival wide terms and conditions you can read here
Sign up here to be a part of the team!
CHARITY VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
In addition to the Boomtown Volunteer positions, we also have a number of charity partners looking for volunteer stewards:
Volunteer with My Cause UK’s Gates team and you will raise £50 for any charity you choose when you volunteer. Find out more here.
Support Oxfam by joining their stewarding team, check out here for their festival volunteering opportunities.
If you would like to volunteer on behalf of Hampshire & Isle of Wight Air Ambulance on our vehicle gates, you can find out more information here.
When do I need to be available?
All Boomtown Volunteers are required to arrive on Wednesday 9th August to register and attend a briefing session. This is when you will find out your shifts times. You will be allocated 3 x 8 hour shifts between Thursday 10th August and Monday 14th August. If you have selected The Green Team, shifts will run until Tuesday 15th August.
Do I need experience?
You will be given a full briefing before you undertake your role, where you will learn everything you need to take on your role. We just ask that come to Boomtown ready to embrace the full volunteering experience, and be part of our fun!
Do you need any supervisors?
We are looking for volunteer supervisors to help manage our ever growing volunteer team. If you have experience of supervising teams in your day job, at other events, or have previous voluntary experience and would like the chance to take on a bit more responsibility, please tick the supervisor box on your application and give us a short description of your experience. NB. We only have a small number of supervisory positions and checking the box does not guarantee a supervisory space.
What will I do?
As a Boomtown Volunteer you will find yourself stewarding during the event on either in the campsites, venues or on the gates, and helping vehicles and members of the public get around the site. Alternatively, you could join the Green Team as a litter picker.
Roles with My Cause UK, Air Ambulance and Oxfam will differ slightly so head over to their websites to find out more.
Can I volunteer doing décor or help building the site?
If you would like to volunteer on one of the many decor teams or site build head over to http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/contact/get-involved
When do I find out when my shifts are?
You will be told you shifts when you arrive on site to register on Wednesday 9th August.
When do my shifts begin and end?
All volunteers must be able to arrive no later than 6pm on Wednesday 9th August in time for your briefings. Your 3 x 8 hour shifts will run between Thursday 10th August and Monday 14th August. The Green Team must be available until Tuesday 15th August. You will find out your shift times when you arrive on site at your briefing.
Can I still be a Boomtown Volunteer if I have to leave site on Sunday?
As we are still very much running the show on Sunday night and Monday, we are keen for our volunteers to commit to the full length of the Festival, however, if you need to leave site on Sunday, once you have completed your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Will I miss my favourite band / DJ?
If you find that your shift is clashing with your favourite band or DJ, you should be able to swap your shifts with fellow stewards at volunteer HQ. Full details of shift swapping will be given at your briefing.
How much does it cost?
It is technically ‘free’ but as with most festival volunteering opportunities, we require a deposit to secure your place. The £230 deposit (minus a 6% booking fee) will be returned within one month of the final shift. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully when applying, to understand the deposit deadlines.
Can I pay in installments?
Unfortunately, our application system will not allow us to accept the deposit in split payments.
Can I volunteer with my friend?
Yes you can! We always do our best to accommodate friends volunteering together. Please make sure you put your shift partner's full name and email address on your application and make sure they do the same for you. You must use the same details that they applied with to ensure we put you on the same shifts (ask Jen if she signed up as Jen, Jenny or Jennifer!) Please also make sure you apply for the same team and ensure that you select the same first, second and third choices for your job roles. If you find yourself allocated to a different team to your friend, email us at email@example.com and we can swap you.
I need to talk to someone about volunteering, is there a number I can call?
If you have any questions about volunteering with us before we get on site please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have a mobile phone number that you can call if you have any questions when on site, and the number will be given to you in your volunteer briefing pack.
Can I wear fancy dress on my shift?
YES! Everything is better in fancy dress. Just make sure you wear your hi vis over the top of your fancy dress!